Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Tiny Bubbles

Hello my little pieces of clay. What shape shall we form you into today?  They blow up sand castles.  Tragic to me.  If they eroded naturally via the tide that would be better, but if they are built too far back from the water for that then I am not sure what the more romantic way would be.  Romance.  Fun stuff.  It is everywhere if you are looking for it, and I don't mean looking for your own personal romance.  True Romance, good movie.  Oh yea the intellectual stuff.  My bad.  Where were we?  Today lets talk about love and hate.  Two extreme emotions that are separated by that well known fine line in the sand or concrete or whatever kind of ground you happen to stand on.  These are just my opinions, I don't think they are proven facts, so the high horse I am not riding today.  You cannot love something that does not have the ability to love you back.  You do not love your car.  You do not love your phone.  Your car has no idea (yet, maybe technology one day will come along and screw up my world just a bit more) of your opinion of it. It is a machine.  Lots of metal, plastic and other man-made materials all fastened together.  It has no heart, more importantly, no soul.  Cars are not born.  They are manufactured.  With me?  People are doing the word, emotion, love, a big disservice by attaching it to any and every thing they happen to fancy at the moment.  Love deserves better.  You can't love your favorite song.  You like it very much.  Many, many other words are better suited to replace the word love in that sentence about your favorite song.  You love your mother don't you?  How can that same emotion stretch to a machine who by the way can't even feel your "love".  Yes there are different kinds of love.  But every single real kind of love can be returned to the person or even animal that is pouring it out.  Now lets talk hate.  Hate and love are peas in the same pod.  One is dormant while the other thrives.  They can trade places.  BUT!!!!  Love always comes first.  In order to hate someone, you have to love them first, whether you are aware you love them or not.  I definitely think it is possible to love a person without knowing it.  People are, do, things all the time and aren't aware of them, so lump good ole love in there too.  You do not hate the celebrity you have never met.  Most likely.  I guess you could be infatuated with them, but if you have had zero contact with them, love is not possible so neither is hate.  Like, or whatever word you want to pick out of the thesaurus would be accurate.  In communication, accuracy is the foundation, and without it building is pretty much useless and is going to fall down the first little gust that Mother Nature sends its way.  People face to face speaking the same language (kind of) cannot understand each other.  If you are speaking the language wrong, both of you, then maybe it might work, but if one is fluent while the other thinks they are, then frustration will ensue on both sides.  People claim to hate all sorts of things and strangers when in reality they just don't know that many words.  I do not have a huge vocabulary, but what little I have, I have down pat, by the book and to the letter except for the word alot which I refuse to spell right for my own personal reason.  I could go for some fried chicken right about now.  "Millie don't burn fried chicken."  So in closing, hold onto your love and save it for those select special people and try to keep the hate to a minimum.  Thank you and remember to tip 20% if you received good service.

1 comment:

  1. Alot bothers me too. I am unhappy every time I type it as one word and it has a squiggly red line underneath it to signify that it is misspelled.

    ReplyDelete