Thursday, January 19, 2012

Spiderman, Princess and McQueen

I used to detest coffee, over the past year or so I have begun to enjoy a cup or sometimes two in the morning.  I do not like this new development in me, says the logical part of my brain, but the pleasure part likes it very much and that side of my noodle is used to winning.  We'll see, and read how that turns out.  Last night during basketball I experienced the most painful cramp I have ever felt in my body. It was in my left calf  muscle and was a result of running, basically non stop for over 2 hours because the team I was on did not lose, not even once.  That is hard to pull off, at an escalating level because as your energy goes down, the other teams' anger goes up.  They of course are tired of losing all night and in turn character or lack of it starts to rear its ugly head.  I hardly call fouls ever.  You have to smash me.  I am no country club player despite what people think I look like.  I am used to playing in bad neighborhoods with hardened criminals so suffice it to say I have become accustomed to, lets say, physical play.  Me being usually the skinniest guy on the court does not help with all the pushing and shoving so I have learned to play position ball.  Knowing where the other player is going to push you and why before they do it is a great advantage and usually frustrates the crap out of them.  Big guys always try to take me into the post and why would I stay behind them and let them catch it so they can use their weight against me?  I instead get in front of them and use my long lanky arms to my advantage.  Most players can't throw it over me accurately enough to their teammate so he can "body" me around down low.  I have learned also to hardly ever go for a pump fake so even if they do catch the ball down low against me, I am at least going to bother the shot.  Enough about me. What do you think about me? (smiley face)  I need a haircut. I am becoming dangerously close to looking like someone who should style their hair.  Good thing it is winter and I can get away with the wool hat in almost every situation.  A body would have to forcefully hold me down to get product in my hair.  Sadly, certain family members have videos that clearly show I am wearing product in my hair, I can only hope they don't back them up on DVD and that they slowly fade away into dead VHS land.  Who even has a VCR nowadays anyway?  I do.  VCR tapes are fifty cents each at Goodwill.  How can you pass that up?  I am not a big movie person to begin with but, it seems they just don't make em like they used to and most of the movies worth watching were made before DVDs became the norm.  Ironically books are usually a couple bucks, more than double the price of movies.  I am due for another trip to the Book Barn.  It is in Niantic and is, for a bookworm like me heaven on earth with your clothes on.  Thousands and thousands of used books, most of which are outside, on carts, in sheds or under a lean to or two.  I have bought some of my most prized books there at very reasonable prices.  The older the book the more romantic.  It is like a time capsule.  How it is worn.  The smell.  The way, by just looking at it not even reading it, that it triggers your imagination (if you still have one) and takes you to places you had no idea you were going to go to until you picked it up.  I want a library someday and I don't care if I have to build it under the guise of a treehouse to get it.  A library up in a tree?  Now that would be cool.  Climb a ladder and get a book.  Maybe have a nice little view and sounds of nature to read it by.  I may be onto something.

No comments:

Post a Comment