Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Monster Trucks

Name Envy.  Do you have it?  "My name peaked when I was eight years old."  I heard that yesterday and had to share.  I won't divulge the actual name, but it was a common one, nothing out of the ordinary.  Hi Grandma!!!  He just wants new bumpers for his yacht.  The elusive booger.  My lobster would whoop yours.  He needs actual chains around his claws, elastic won't do, that's how strong he is.  The blue claw is five to one, baby one in five.  Loser is lunch.  Sauteed with butter.  No bib needed, no tools either.  Eat it like a sexist man.  Sloppy, finger licking good.  I can hit the space bar faster than you.  "They counted my warm ups.....I had 47 one warm up."  (crowd cheering)  The last guy on the bench is the most lovable sometimes, but Brian Scalabrine still sucks.  Not since employee number eight have I been that angry at a basketball player for throwing up three pointers.  The Magic suck.  Fifty six points in an NBA game should automatically get the coach fired.  Fourteen points a quarter on average.  No excuse, or defense to justify that.  Can you wiggle your ears?  Can you read random musings without getting confused or stimulated?  The radio station my shop listens to plays a happy variety that for the most part pleases my ears except for one little hangup.  They speed up the songs so fast it is AMAZING that Alvin and the Chipmunks aren't singing Night Moves instead of Bob Seger.  Light My Fire was three minutes long tops.  Just when I start to get my groove on the next song starts.  The radio fade.  Do bands still fade songs on their albums?  It's been so long since I've listened to a studio album and I don't think I have listened to any made in the past fifteen years.  I am a sucker for those songs that end with one last, sometimes unexpected punch.  Bam!  Song over.  The worst for me is the songs that start to fade out just as the band is starting to jam.  Chorus, bridge, verses over now lets get to the music and then the damn volume starts to go down. What's happening?  Did the band quit?  Nope, it's time for another commercial, for something you don't need.  Alright it's tea time.  I am sorry I didn't write anything of substance today.  I will make an effort to get into something somewhat intellectual tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment