Friday, January 13, 2012

My Very Good Friend Eats Worms

So last night I had two dreams that I do remember.  Ever since I stopped smoking pot right before bed I now remember dreams.  I used to hardly ever wake up with a memory of one but now it seems almost every morning I wake up with some sort of mini movie in my head, usually with me in the leading role.  In one I had a verbal fight with my grandfather, over what I don't know, and it got so bad I stormed out of my parents' house to get in a truck and drive away.  I locked both doors and rolled up the windows anticipating Grandpa coming out after me but he was slower so I knew I had time. Out he comes, carrying what can only be described as a shiv and then is when I realize I threw away the key to the truck and I have now trapped myself.  Fashioning my own shiv as quick as I can I roll down the window partly and the poking war ensues.  No ending because that is when I woke up.  The other dream was happy and didn't contain so much drama.  All I remember is   standing in the middle of the projects and being the only white kid and playing kickball with a couple of friends. But it was one of those games that starts out small, then people start looking out their windows and seeing how fun it is and begin to come out of every nook and cranny to play with us.  Old people, young people, and we weren't even running the bases anymore, people were just lining up to kick that ball as far as they could and a bunch of others were all scrambling around to try and catch and retrieve it to throw back to the pitcher.  It was such a fun time and it seemed like nothing else mattered except having fun, even with people you hadn't even met before.  I remember making one particularly good catch off of a wall and feeling a sense of pride as I threw  the ball back to the pitcher. Then I woke up.  Damn.  Those moments, real or in a dream are so fun you wish they would never stop.  Alright enough about the dream world lets get back to reality.  I imagine as you are reading this you are in a comfortable place, with your beverage of choice and what really excites me is that I have a bit of control over your imagination.  That is what is so grand about reading.  You make the pictures that go along with the story.  You, dear reader are the director of the movie.  I am just the writer, so that means we kind of have a partnership here.  Pretty freaking cool.  This being only my third entry, yet I feel I am learning so much.  So as you sip that coffee or beer if I type the word dragon.  Poof!!! YOUR version of a dragon should appear in your head.  That may be as close as I come to performing magic as I get.  And now for my next trick I will make said dragon disappear! Poof!  It should be gone now, but maybe it's not.  The disappearing tricks are way more difficult to perform than the appearing ones.  As far as labels go I am still debating whether I should attach any to these blogs in the label section.  They seem like they might help in others stumbling upon this here writing so I probably should get over my aversion to them.  I do want to be a writer now.  I have been saying since I was little that I was going to write a book but I never put any effort into it at all.  I figured I would just wait until I was old and couldn't run around anymore, but I now know that would be tainted.  The mindset changes with your surroundings and place in life and I would be doing myself and you my beloved reader a huge disservice by not capturing these moments of time in my life in somewhat the same context  in which they happen.  Writing about writing.  I promise I will get over it eventually,  I guess I have alot (I spell alot the way I like it) of thoughts about it that can't wait to make it to print.  I will talk about specific subjects so don't worry, it shouldn't all be like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment