Sunday, January 22, 2012

Jammy Jams

Championship Sunday, in the league where they play, for pay.  Today I received the fastest haircut in my life.  It was easily under five minutes.  She did a good job, I instantly look younger despite my week old attempt at facial hair.  I wonder if puberty will ever end for me.  If you have never eaten braciole, give it a try.  Quality food.  I cannot believe the Ravens just missed that field goal.  Eff the freaking Patriots and Bill Belacheat.  Go Giants!  To be clear, I am a Minnesota Vikings fan, but so many of my friends and family are Giants fans that I have a soft spot for them.  So how are those presidential races going?  I have no idea.  I am being selfish and not doing anything real at all to stop the madness.  I am trying to get my life on track, really, for the first time.  Up until recently, I was flying by the seat of my pants, and now I make plans and think about budgets. Flying is fun.  Read On The Road by Kerouac.  If it doesn't change your life, read The Doors of Perception by Huxley.  If that doesn't, let me know and I will give you some more reading material.  Flying isn't for everyone, I am aware, but the idea of it, or the concept, should at least be presented to you so you have a choice.  So many people are brought up in a way, and are hardly exposed at all to different ways to living.  Living.  It is only done once that we know of.  So why not try at least a few different ways before picking your favorite?  In order to live different ways you must think different ways.  But if you are a prejudiced person, it's going to be hard for you to try anything outside of your current cutter of cookies.  What you, said prejudiced person views as different, most likely in the bigger picture or baking pan is not.  You are still a snicker doodle, just in a different shape.  Branch out, become a chocolate chip or an oatmeal raisin cookie.  Actually walk in someone else's shoes instead of fantasizing about it.  One trip on this Earth.  That's it.  When you are on your deathbed, if you are lucky/unlucky enough to get on it and get that chance to reflect, you don't want that many what ifs.  What ifs are going to exist for everyone I think, no matter what choices you make but you want as few as possible so you can relish that never ending memory called your lifetime.  Look back, laugh, cry and everything in between.  I wouldn't mind being visited by some spirits or actually anything that would blow my mind when or if I am on that deathbed.  Deathbed.  It should be called lifebed .  Life insurance used to be called death insurance, it didn't sell so well, so they spruced it up.  Your life is ending, it should be your lifebed.  Why focus on death to begin with?  I am aware it is a part of everyone's lifetime, but it isn't a deathtime, it's a lifetime.  It is the end of your life.  You don't begin death.  Life winds down.  The word death sucks, to me, right now.  It switches the focus and I don't like that.  Most of those religious people should be throwing a party when a relative is at the end of life.  Doesn't heaven or their version of it await for most of those people?  Freaking heaven man!  Just the word heaven sounds awesome.  Where is their faith?  Now they don't want that loved one to go?  Is it selfishness?  What happened?  Heaven is waiting, dot dot dot.

No comments:

Post a Comment